Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi account under Beti Bachao Bachao Beti Padhao scheme was announced on December 2, 2014, under this scheme, an account can be opened from the birth of a girl to the age of 10 years.
Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened in any post office or bank branch. It was started under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign. Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, tax exemption is also available for investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
That is, you can avail tax rebate on investment of 1.5 lakh rupees annually. The returns from Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme are also tax-free. You can avail of tax exemption for this financial year by investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme till 31 March.
Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened anytime before the daughter’s age is 10 years. Sukanya Samriddhi Account opens with Rs 250. Earlier, one had to deposit Rs 1,000 for this. A maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited in Sukanya Samriddhi in any financial year.
As long as the girl is not above 10 years, then the parents or other legal guardians of the girl can maintain this account. The minimum amount to be deposited in this account is 250. This is the main objective of the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme.
To advance so that when the girl is eligible for studies or marriage, then she will not be short of money, let us tell you.
According to this scheme, when the girl is 18 years old, then she can withdraw money from this account for studies or when she is 21, she can use the money withdrawn from Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana even at the time of marriage.
What are the rules for opening a Sukanya Samriddhi account?
Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened by the parents or legal guardians of the daughter in her name. It can be opened from the birth of a daughter until she is 10 years old.
According to the rules, only one Sukanya Samriddhi account can be opened for a girl child and money can be deposited in it. That is two accounts can not be opened for a girl child.
While opening the Sukanya Samriddhi account, it is necessary to give the daughter’s birth certificate to the post office or bank. Along with this, proof of identity and address of daughter and guardian has to be given.
If the first child of the parents is a girl child and the second child is two twin girls, then he can open a third account. In this case, also the parents of the girl child will have to give a medical certificate if the second child is not a twin. And the third child. If the girl is in a position then the account of the third girl cannot be opened.
Documents required to open an account under Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme?
- The birth certificate of a daughter is the most important documents for Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme.
- Identity card for the person depositing money in Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme.
- The depositor’s address proof is required for Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme?
- Girls will get this deposited money for 18 years or 21 years after opening a girl prosperity account.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, they will get a 9.2 percent interest rate which will help in increasing their deposited money.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, when the girl turns 18, then I can withdraw my money for studies and when I am 21, I can use that money for marriage also.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, the girl will have her own separate passbook, in which there will be a complete account of the deposited money and the withdrawn money, in which the girl’s name must be given the date of the girl’s parents.